Black Friday Promotion Extended! Strengthen Your Immune System While Supplies Last! Buy now.
California Residents Only:
Addressing California’s Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act, also known as Proposition 65
E. EXCEL’s wholesome food products and dietary supplements are made from natural plant-based ingredients. Fruits, vegetables, mushrooms, herbs, plants and grains, including those purchased in grocery stores and fruit stands, may contain naturally occurring minerals found in the earth’s crust and oceans from which they are grown.
• E. EXCEL® North America takes food quality and safety very seriously. We strive for excellence in the purity, strength and composition of all E. EXCEL products sold in North America.
• E. EXCEL® North America follows a robust testing program in order to ensure product safety and efficacy. During manufacturing, each product is thoroughly examined and tested, beginning with the individual ingredients to the final product. These tests include physical inspections and lab testing to ensure the identity, purity, strength, and composition of each batch. This enables E. EXCEL® to provide the highest quality wholesome food products available.
• All naturally grown food such as fruits, vegetables, mushrooms, herbs, plants and grains, including organic foods, contain trace amounts of minerals such as calcium, iron, lead, and magnesium. These minerals are found in nature. They are naturally present in the Earth’s crust and bodies of water. Because these minerals, including calcium, magnesium, iron and lead, are present naturally in the soil and water, they are absorbed by plants along with other nutrients. As a result, there may be unavoidable trace amounts in most foods, including fresh fruits, vegetables, mushrooms, herbs, plants and grains.
• The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and other authorities like the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) monitor these naturally occurring elements in our food. They have determined that tiny trace elements of minerals in foods are unavoidable, and are safe in moderate amounts.
• In 1986, the state of California passed an Act called, “The Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act.” The Act was designed to help protect California’s drinking water from being contaminated with chemicals known to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. The Act contains a wide list of naturally occurring minerals and chemicals, which requires businesses to inform California residents about possible exposure at very low trace amounts. Because our wholesome products contain natural ingredients, it is possible that some of the natural substances on the list may from time to time be present in E. EXCEL products. The Act does not prohibit the sale of any products, but simply requires that products sold in California be labeled with a warning statement.
The intent of the Act (Prop65) was to protect the drinking water in California. However, private litigation attorneys seeking money-for-profit are filing lawsuits directly against companies which may not be providing sufficient warning labels on products at the time of purchase. This has resulted in an added burden to business owners and companies doing business in California.
E. EXCEL® North America has chosen to provide additional Proposition 65 warnings to all products sold in California. This helps avoid long and costly legal battles to prove in-court that minerals which may be found from time to time in E. EXCEL’s wholesome foods and supplement products are naturally occurring and are not added.
Ironically, many wholesome plant-based foods that require a Prop65 warning, are also the same foods that multiple scientists and health agencies recommend for preventative and long-term good health. We recommend reviewing the following information:
The Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment from the state of California states that individuals should: “Eat a well-balanced diet with adequate calcium, iron, and vitamin C, which can help reduce the amount of lead that your body absorbs.” https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/fact-sheets/lead-and-lead-compounds
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: “How to Fight Lead Exposure with Nutrition” https://www.eatright.org/health/wellness/preventing-illness/how-to-fight-lead-exposure-with-nutrition
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) states: “A healthy diet can help protect your child from the harmful effects of lead.” https://www.epa.gov/sites/default/files/2014-02/documents/fight_lead_poisoning_with_a_healthy_diet.pdf
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) states: “Feed your child healthy foods with calcium, iron, and vitamin C. These foods may help keep lead out of the body.” https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/lead/docs/5things-508.pdf
FINAL WORDS FROM THE EXECUTIVE TEAM:
“We welcome the opportunity to share facts and truths with you. Yes, our wholesome ingredients come from nature, and contain naturally occurring nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. Therefore, all California Distributors and customers will notice added warning labels to our products in-order to better meet California’s Proposition 65 requirements. We encourage you to study and understand the following references so that you have confidence as you share the goodness of E. EXCEL® with honesty, integrity and kindness with your friends, customers and downlines. Thank you for your trust and confidence in E. EXCEL® North America over the past 35 years!”